Wise’s presence in the industry is defined by our accessibility, hands-on approach, high level of client relations, and the unique services we provide to deliver our clients the best projects possible. From preconstruction, general contracting, corporate safety management, in-house BIM/VDC services, occupied space expertise, and self-performed work, we are proud to help build the science & technology, healthcare and institutional sectors of the Greater Boston area.
Thanks to Disla Media and Communications Ink., we were able to shine a light on just a fraction of those unique services and skills through video, offering a visual representation of the special people who perform them on our sites each day. Opportunities like this video-shoot really give us the chance to step back and remind ourselves of the work we do on an internal level as well as showcase them proudly to you, our project partners and clients.
Today, we offer a behind-the-scenes glimpse of that video-shoot that will ultimately help to tell our greater story through the people and services that make us unequivocally Wise.
Here is a look into a few of our unique services highlighted at our behind-the-scenes video shoot:
Corporate Safety Expertise
At Wise, safety is the top priority. Specializing in occupied space renovation and building conversion projects, we understand safety becomes even more critical in these sensitive areas. Best practices and technologies help us achieve our goal of having safe work sites, but it’s the people on our projects who keep them safe.
100% of our superintendents have OSHA 30-Hour Safety training, FPPM training, and conduct site safety inspections daily. Corporate Safety Director, Marty Leik is OSHA-500 certified which qualifies him as an OSHA-authorized trainer for construction industry courses and supports ongoing safety training and learning efforts for all of our employees.
Proactively Addressing Issues:
- From appropriate body protection to electrical and structural stability safety measures, we manage your project so you can rest easy knowing the site is safe and secure. We also incorporate the latest safety monitoring technology using real-time data from the field to identify risks and address them before mishaps can occur.
- That’s how we’ve achieved one of the lowest risk ratings in the industry. And it’s one of the reasons why HighWire recently awarded Wise Construction its highest Platinum Award for safety.
Building Information Modeling
Building Virtually for Value:
Most large construction management firms use the tremendous power of Building Information Modeling in the critical early phases of project planning. However, if you’re considering mid-sized firms (like Wise) or smaller general contractors for your project, make certain they know how to integrate BIM as confidently as we do.
Especially in occupied spaces, BIM is important because it facilitates collaboration among architects, engineers, project managers and subcontractors. This allows decisions to be made early in the process, saving you valuable time and money.
At Wise, we use BIM during MEP coordination to identify constructability issues and update construction documents. Determining how changes to any or all of these will impact both costs and scheduling, before anything is executed in the field, reduces costly missteps and delivers speedier, more efficient projects.
Wise Construction maintains a staff of carpenters and laborers, many of whom have been with the company for years. As a result, Wise can self-perform aspects of projects, including demolition, general carpentry, installation of doors, millwork and drywall and owner requested items when preferable or necessary.
- Self-performing this type of work offers several benefits to our clients:
- Quality Control: Our carpenters and laborers understand the level of quality that our superintendents expect on their projects and know how to deliver.
- Safety: Our superintendents conduct safety training with the carpenters and laborers before commencing construction on every project, and then again every Friday morning for the duration of the project. As a result, our carpenters and laborers have received extensive safety training and fully appreciate the importance of adhering to the strict safety guidelines.
- Responsiveness: Should an unexpected situation arise, Wise can mobilize imminently to respond. This ability to respond has proven helpful in meeting scheduling goals.