PLANNING FOR PROJECT SUCCESS
Our preconstruction process provides you with ultimate control over your construction projects through a proven, three-point approach that guarantees you the best value for every construction dollar spent.
- Highly integrated planning: Our preconstruction team gets everyone (architects, project managers, facility managers, estimators) on the same page early so all stakeholders understand each other’s needs and expectations.
- Detailed estimating: It’s the only way to thoroughly understand the scope of your project. Once the scope is identified, we confirm every aspect before finalizing construction documents.
- Industry-leading knowledge base: Our project managers and superintendents have vast experience working in sensitive, occupied spaces. Their ability to anticipate “what ifs” helps eliminate risk and achieve predictable budgets.
Wise Construction’s preconstruction services consistently give you on-time, on-budget results through:
- Estimating & Budget Development: Our preconstruction team generates in-house estimates for every trade, avoiding reliance on subcontractors for pricing. Line item breakdowns remove the mystery from the building process, and detailed budgets at the schematic stage help produce a solid baseline.
- Scheduling: We finalize purchase and delivery schedules and integrate these with the critical path master schedule (CMPS), inserting key milestones such as pre-purchasing long-lead items. Our proficiency in logistics planning delivers extremely accurate schedules at an early stage.
- Constructability Review & Value Analysis: We review documents for constructability and assure MEPs are coordinated and efficient. Real-time interaction between team members encourages information sharing and discussion of value-added engineering ideas.
- LEED & BIM: By understanding assumptions about sustainable products in advance we can modify them at a time when changes are cost neutral. We use BIM during preconstruction planning where its value is greatest and on those projects where it’s most applicable.